Chief Risk Officer
Job no: 498680
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - NOT ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST, AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
Categories: Governance Risk and Compliance
Youi prides itself on being different. We've challenged the Australian insurance industry since our inception in 2008 and have worked hard to build a strong brand that’s agile and innovative. Our unwavering commitment to our people and our dynamic work culture is the key to our success.
About the Role
The CRO is responsible, through the respective Heads of Department for Youi’s risk and compliance management operations, including managing, identifying, evaluating, reporting and overseeing Youi’s risks externally and internally to the organisation.
Working closely with the CEO and as a part of the Executive Committee (EXCO), your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying potential threats, opportunities, actions or events that will affect Youi’s ability to achieve its objectives and its strategy;
- Being accountable for the design, development and implementation of GRC policies, methodology and strategy on an ongoing basis, in line with business requirements;
- Ensuring Youi activities comply with relevant regulations and guidelines;
- Managing key relationships with regulators and other external parties;
- Providing meaningful reporting to the Board and Management Committees on the performance of the organisation’s culture and effectiveness of programs.
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification in accounting, business administration, finance, law, actuarial or risk management;
- Have extensive exposure to corporate governance and risk management disciplines with an in-depth knowledge of the regulatory environment (APRA, ASIC, ACNC, OAIC, AFCA etc.);
- Are a dynamic strategic leader and people manager with the ability to create a vision and build shared purpose;
- Possess a Risk Mindset to be able to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks at an executive level.
Culture & Benefits
- A great team environment, working with like-minded professionals;
- Award winning health and wellbeing program, including onsite massage therapist, barbershop and fitness classes;
- The opportunity to work for a dynamic, challenger brand;
- Sunshine Coast location;
- Work/life balance.
These roles on the Sunshine Coast do not come up often! Don’t miss this opportunity to join a fast moving, innovative business
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now