Senior UX Designer
Job no: 498643
Work type: 38 HOUR WK - NOT ROSTERED
Location: SUNSHINE COAST
Categories: Information Technology
At Youi, we like to do things differently. Since Day 1, we've challenged the Australian insurance industry to provide a better experience for our customers. 10 years later and we're still looking out for ways to be better.
We are seeking a talented Senior UX Designer to join our team on the Sunshine Coast in QLD. If you also have experience working in cross-functional product teams (UX & UI designers, copywriters, developers, business analysts, product managers, etc.), you’ll fit in well.
We have a very collaborative design team, so we’re looking for someone who puts a lot of thought and research into their process to make any given design functional and enjoyable for the user. Also, someone who can communicate this process and their decisions well, both inside the team and to business stakeholders.
We would love to hear from you if you delight in providing highly creative as well as highly analytical ideas to design projects. A working knowledge of user-centred design methodologies is a must!
The role in detail
Your key responsibilities will be to…
- Own the UX design for a set of digital products with minimal oversight from our UX lead
- Collaborate with product managers and the development teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, design and experience
- Keep up to date with relevant UX methods and tools
You should be…
- Able to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Open to giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Able to express personal opinions and reasoning, but also able to take on feedback and adapt
- Love learning and trying new things when appropriate
- Able to facilitate workshops with senior business stakeholders
- Very familiar with a broad range of UX activities & methods (user/industry research, user testing, wireframing, prototyping, etc.), and able to apply them appropriately for a given problem set
- Able to communicate design decisions and reasoning
- Able to design an end-to-end user journey/flow for a digital product
You should have…
- At least 5 years' experience in user experience design
- Experience with digital design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Principle, InVision, Overflow, etc.)
- A portfolio demonstrating your design process, thinking and methods
- Experience working in a team
- Experience collaborating closely with people of different skillsets (UI designers, copywriters, developers, business analysts, product managers, etc.)
Ideally, you should also have experience with some of the following…
- The ability to write decent copy (don’t need to be a copywriter, but able to string a good sentence together)
- Working in the financial services industry
- Working with data driven insights
- Planning and facilitating user test sessions
For a role that mixes your skills with an environment that makes every day more fun, think Youi.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now